PSV - Benfica | Dinsdag 24 augustus | Eindstand: 0-0

Status
Je kunt niet meer reageren.
The same level of exaggeration as the Benfica fans acting like there was a series of life threatening bombs detonated in de lobby of the Benfica hotel. :maniac:

Nerves of most Benfica fans have been through the roof last months, ended 3rd last year, failed UCL last year, short on money, our president got arrested on corruption scandals and there's an internal fight for power, the coach under heavy pressure from fans...

Everyone is really happy but to be honest, personally, I know we're not going to win the UCL, and apart from the money what I really want is some european silverware after 8 or 9 finals lost in a row (I lost the count).

Still it was a nice night to let the frustrations out.

Dan pas je toch als PSV je tactiek daarop aan. Die overvleugelende backs werken best tegen Cambuur, die kunnen er ook geen hout van, maar je moet toch gewoon zorgen dat Gotze de opbouw verzorgt en dat Noni en Cody voorin de acties maken. Toch niet andersom. Ik vond dit een kansloze wedstrijd, het heeft er geen moment ingezeten.
Hmm als zahavi die bal er gewoon intikt hebben we hier een heel andere discussie. Tegen teams als Benfica krijg je maar een paar kansen en die moeten erin. Dat sommige spelers niet in de wedstrijd zaten had ook met de tegenstander te maken. Dit is een taaie ervaren en gewiekste club die heel georganiseerd speelt.
Ik vond PSV in de eerste helft helemaal niet slecht. 2e helft was Benfica alleen maar bezig de wedstrijd dood te maken, wat ik begrijp met 10 man en daar hadden we niet echt een antwoord op en onze trainer ook niet met z’n vreemde wissels, die maakten de chaos alleen maar groter.

Nerves of most Benfica fans have been through the roof last months, ended 3rd last year, failed UCL last year, short on money, our president got arrested on corruption scandals and there's an internal fight for power, the coach under heavy pressure from fans...

Everyone is really happy but to be honest, personally, I know we're not going to win the UCL, and apart from the money what I really want is some european silverware after 8 or 9 finals lost in a row (I lost the count).

Still it was a nice night to let the frustrations out.
In all honesty we all know that neither Benfica, nor PSV will / would have a chance to win the UCL. The UEFA has butchered the European tournaments in favor of commerce and the big clubs / competitions.
I wish we could go back to the old tournaments.

The biggest difference between Benfica, Gala and Midtjylland is that the last two were really poor at defending

Saw the highlights of all 4 matches and they've done some awful mistakes at the back. They gave PSV too much space to play near the box.

We made one of those mistakes, when Zhavi hit the crossbar, but i think he was offside

The biggest difference between Benfica, Gala and Midtjylland is that the last two were really poor at defending

Saw the highlights of all 4 matches and they've done some awful mistakes at the back. They gave PSV too much space to play near the box.

We made one of those mistakes, when Zhavi hit the crossbar, but i think he was offside

VAR would have checked that. Don't worry. :)
And it doesn't matter anyway.

In all honesty we all know that neither Benfica, nor PSV will / would have a chance to win the UCL. The UEFA has butchered the European tournaments in favor of commerce and the big clubs / competitions.

I was commenting the exact same thing with my old man yesterday. I miss the old ECC-UC-UCWC weekly format, with just champions in ECC, cup champions in UCWC, and then the UC for 2nd, 3rd placed teams. All of that, and even the internal championship, in free public television. Those were the times.

Money really can change things and people for the worse.

clubs like Benfica and PSV have a chance of winning the Europa League

we were at the final 2 times in the last 10 years

Ajax was at the final a couple years ago

"Benfica will be outplayed in the champions league". No shit buddy. Nobody here thinks we're gonna win it.

The referee had no influence whatsoever. Not all games are pretty, and also let me tell you that dutch teams tend to be on the other side of the spectrum (too naive, too many times). The fact that you guys aren't pragmatic doesn't mean the others are cheaters.

11 vs 11 Benfica was superior in all aspects.
Go troll somewhere else with your nonsense. I really sincerely hope you guys end up 4th with 0 points.

And Madueke who shot against the goalkeeper :unsure:
Or Vertessen.

I do agree Benfica is better at defending than Gala and Midtylland.

Because Benfica played disgusting football in the two matches

we played with honesty and it was all fair and square.
And Madueke who shot against the goalkeeper :unsure:
Or Vertessen.

I do agree Benfica is better at defending than Gala and Midtylland.

but those weren't mistakes. those were chances created by PSV

look at the Ajax defence on the two first goals that Madueke scored. They looked like headless chickens

Status
Je kunt niet meer reageren.
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan