PSV - Benfica | Dinsdag 24 augustus | Eindstand: 0-0

Status
Je kunt niet meer reageren.
Imperialism? What?

Anyway, you are wrong. As I told you Portuguese people have a natural sympathy for Dutch people and football in general and I just passed by to drop a GG to you guys and wish you good luck, but once I got here the conversation was all around cheating and other less nice adjectives about our football in general, so...

In all complete honesty, is not like I'm * that * happy with this, apart from the importance of the money. In Europa League you actually have a real chance of silverware.
We don't hate the Portugese... we absolutely love the women. We can look all day at women like Shakira, Sofia Vergara and Penelope Cruz. We hate the clubs. For me, it's not because of your defensive playing style. I can appreciate this if its done with passion and countering. It was the theatrics and the delaying of the game for me. This is the same reason we don't like Nemar in Holland. Not because he playes bad, but because he spends the game with whining against the ref and rolling around on the pitch as if in agony when he's hardly touched.

I would be interested in your opinion.

En met een beetje pech wordt je 6 maal afgedroogd en geeft een murwgeslagen elftal ook nog de beker en het kampioenschap weg.
De verhouding is intussen anders, maar we klagen toch ook niet dat van der Kuijlen maar een klein miezerig bekertje van een net-niet toernooi omhooghield?
Sinds de CL er is, telt voor mij alleen de CL. Alles daaronder is voor losers. Hoe leuk losers soms ook kunnen ballen.
En natuurlijk, als je eenmaal meedoet, wil je winnen. Maar deze kans laten liggen heeft vooral laten zien dat PSV zich nog niet kan meten met Ajax, dat met jongens als Tadic, Tagliafico en Martinez wel de spelers heeft om zo'n lelijke pot te winnen.

Ja en nu krijgen we 5 dus scheelt 10 klinkt heel anders dan 35 die sommige geloven. Zoals gezegd scheelt 1 Bruma of 1 Baumi. Toont aan dat scouting en opleiding de belangrijkste factor is Maw JDJ is hij de juiste man?
Toon zei dat het 15 scheelde totaal.
Ik denk niet dat je met onze portemonnee en status meer mag verwachten van JdJ. In dat opzicht denk ik dat hij het erg goed heeft gedaan, met hulp van Schmidt. Ginkel, Pröpper, Götze, Madueke, Ramalho, Drommel, Sangare zijn basisspeler hoor. En natuurlijk kun je daar missers tegenover zetten. Was onder Brands ook. Ik vind het goed werk.

defending is also part of the game

with 10 men, we had to defend as best as we could. playing 60minutes with 10 men and not conceding a goal against a good attacking team is a great achievement in my book
well if you are happy with how you play, be my guest. I`m not a fan of that type of playing. That`s why I never watch any Portuguese soccer.

well if you are happy with how you play, be my guest. I`m not a fan of that type of playing. That`s why I never watch any Portuguese soccer.
how would you play with 10 men?

try to play with 10 players against City or PSG and see how it goes

it worked well for Ajax a couple weeks ago

We don't hate the Portugese... we absolutely love the women. We can look all day at women like Shakira, Sofia Vergara and Penelope Cruz. We hate the clubs. For me, it's not because of your defensive playing style. I can appreciate this if its done with passion and countering. It was the theatrics and the delaying of the game for me. This is the same reason we don't like Nemar in Holland. Not because he playes bad, but because he spends the game with whining against the ref and rolling around on the pitch as if in agony when he's hardly touched.

I would be interested in your opinion.

Yep, those are two different things.

I would say no-one likes that, but screaming at the referees, trying to pressure them in social media, losing time when winning, is kind of an ongoing theme here. We're in the 3rd round here and I think that at least Porto and Braga already made a public statement about referee decisions from some of their matches.

It sucks, I hate it, but it is what it is. The problem - I think - comes from the fact that those attitudes aren't punished enough by our national football federation and/or referees, and it becomes kind of a cultural thing. Coaches will complain in the end of the matches about loss time, but will do the same if it favors them in the next match.

Understand however that as a Benfica fan we have to deal with that shit most of the season being played against us. As you know Benfica is a big club over here and most of the time we play against lower-tiered teams that will do those things (losing time) in almost all matches, when they're drawing or winning.

Having this said, I think this specific tie against PSV was fair and square, sure Benfica lost a little bit more time than PSG but that happens all the time in football when a team is winning. Like the fireworks thrown next to Benfica hotel, I think that's cheap but I know football is "war" so I didn't think that was cheating or anything.

For all means, what happens in our internal league is just way, way worse of whatever happened yesterday.

I've also seen some remarks here about Benfica trying to murder one of your players. I have no idea what was that challenge about as I've not seen the entire match.

Laatst bewerkt:
Om vervolgens lekker in pot 4 te komen omdat je geen coëfficiënten hebt.
Oftewel; het systeem is gewoon kut. Altijd al geweest en zal altijd zo blijven, als de UEFA door de grote clubs geleid blijft worden.
Voor de centen vind ik het jammer dat we gisteren deelname niet hebben kunnen veiligstellen. Maar voor het toernooi? Dat hele toernooi, net zoals de kleuterleague die er onder zit, boeit me echt totaal niks.

I've also seen some remarks here about Benfica trying to murder one of your players. I have no idea what was that challenge about as I've not seen the entire match.
The same level of exaggeration as the Benfica fans acting like there was a series of life threatening bombs detonated in de lobby of the Benfica hotel. :maniac:

Toon zei dat het 15 scheelde totaal.
Ik denk niet dat je met onze portemonnee en status meer mag verwachten van JdJ. In dat opzicht denk ik dat hij het erg goed heeft gedaan, met hulp van Schmidt. Ginkel, Pröpper, Götze, Madueke, Ramalho, Drommel, Sangare zijn basisspeler hoor. En natuurlijk kun je daar missers tegenover zetten. Was onder Brands ook. Ik vind het goed werk.
Wat scheelt 15?

Ja en nu krijgen we 5 dus scheelt 10 klinkt heel anders dan 35 die sommige geloven. Zoals gezegd scheelt 1 Bruma of 1 Baumi. Toont aan dat scouting en opleiding de belangrijkste factor is Maw JDJ is hij de juiste man?
Natuurlijk heel kortzichtig. Je vergeet even andere factoren te benoemen die grote rol spelen bij CL of EL, denk aan: commerciële waarde van de club en waarde van spelers. Met een paar goede wedstrijden in CL zijn spelers als Gakpo en Madueke natuurlijk een stuk duurder.

Daarnaast voor het gehele NL voetbal is het spelen - al dan niet vast - met twee clubs uit NL een enorme financiële impuls, waarbij op lange termijn meerdere clubs c.q. de NL competitie van zal profiteren. Financieel is het vooral voor club gewoon een blamage.

Status
Je kunt niet meer reageren.
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan