Hey PSV fans! I'm a Benfica fan. I'll be typing in english as I don't trust google translate in order to do this. In the biggest Benfica forum, we are wondering what you guys think about Schmidt. What are your critiques of him and what are the positives? Does he play good football? Is he a good communicator? Does he play youngsters? etc...

Also, is Vinicius doing that bad there?

Cheers form a Benfica Fan!

Hey PSV fans! I'm a Benfica fan. I'll be typing in english as I don't trust google translate in order to do this. In the biggest Benfica forum, we are wondering what you guys think about Schmidt. What are your critiques of him and what are the positives? Does he play good football? Is he a good communicator? Does he play youngsters? etc...

The squad seems to get in to shape at the moment.
However, the past 1½ years have been nothing but really bad games, late substitutes and even worse games with even later (and dumber) changes in the line up.
I lost interest in watching the games, because they were so bad....

So, even though things are finally looking up at this moment, I think most PSV fans are fine with his departure.

Abe Knoop heet de beste man. Geen idee of 't iets is.
Gezien de prestaties van het huidige due onder de lat (of op de bank) heb ik niet het idee dat het minder kan worden dan het is, toch?
Oud-keeper Vitesse, net als Van der Gouw.
The squad seems to get in to shape at the moment.
However, the past 1½ years have been nothing but really bad games, late substitutes and even worse games with even later (and dumber) changes in the line up.
I lost interest in watching the games, because they were so bad....

So, even though things are finally looking up at this moment, I think most PSV fans are fine with his departure.
Also about Vinicius. He doesn't look to well. We're quite wandering how he managed to score so many goals in Portugal and England.

We have John de Jong. So if you have a good technical director, you will be fine!

We have John de Jong. So if you have a good technical director, you will be fine!
Denk dat hij Götze wel meeneemt. Heb een raar gevoel dat Ruud niet met Mario wilt werken. Prima jongen die Mario maar denk dat Ruud daar een speler met de mentaliteit van Guardado (niet zijn laatste seizoen) heeft staan, en ik ook.

Het zal mij eerlijk gezegd een beetje worst zijn waar Schmidt heen gaat. Ik ga hem verder niet meer volgen, zoals ik dat met sommige ex-spelers wel doe (als teletekstsupporter). Al met al ben ik geen fan en vind ik het helemaal prima dat er een andere trainer komt.

Bij aanvang gaf hij al aan max 2-3 seizoenen bij 1 club te willen zitten. Verder is het meer een stap opzij. Zeker niet naar beneden. Daarnaast lekkere leefomstandigheden, ik snap het wel.
Vooral die mooiere leefomstandigheden. Portugal helemaal top!

I'm a bit more positive than most fans on this forum. I think Roger Schmidt is doing a good job. In his first season, players had difficulty adapt to his style of play. Lots of players came in late in the transfer window and weren't a 100% fit, also due to the coronavirus. This year we head an incredible start of the season, with big wins against Galatasaray (5-1) and Ajax (4-0). During the season we had more difficulties, also due to injuries. We lost against Feyenoord (0-4) and Ajax (5-0) and it looked like we weren't gonna be champions again. But, he completely turned it around. Right now we are in our best fase in years, and that is also thanks to the tactics and player development by Roger Schmidt. A lot of players who first weren't good enough (Doan, Boscagli, Teze, Bruma, Sangaré) are now respected squad members. PSV plays attacking football, although the style of Schmidt is more with focus without ball than with. Nevertheless we are still in three competitions (2 points behind number one in the league, in the cupfinal and in the quarterfinal of the Conference League) and we are playing good, recognizable football. I think you will have a blast with Roger Schmidt as head coach.

Vinicius isn't really bad, he is just not good with the ball. In the Netherlands we expect from a striker that he can also play football very well. But he is useful in some games and in some situations. But right now Zahavi is the better striker.

He's a very rigid, one-plan trainer, who can't adjust his tactics to the situation, and who executes questionable substitutions. His style is to press really high and bunch up the opponent in their own box and then have his team try to combine their way through the tangle of defenders and basically trying to mail-deliver the ball into the goal , leaving the own defense incredibly exposed. True strikers depending on crosses and incisive passes bringing them in a 1v1 situation with the goalie are practically useless in his tactical approach. If you have a bad goalie, poor defenders and wingbacks who can't defend, you'll obviously be in trouble very easily, but even more so with Schmidt's tactics; you'll be conceding plenty of goals.

In the press, he likes to play the underdog alot, often giving excessive credit to the opposition and always complaining about how, in this case Ajax, has more money etc., basically being a massive Calimero. He also can't take any criticism; if any journalist asks critical questions about his decisions, he'll get ticked off quite easily.

His training regime is questionable as well; I've never seen so many injured PSV players as I have during his time here, and the players are also rarely fit enough to play 90 minutes of football.

During his time here, we've seen perhaps a handful of great matches, where the play was actually good for the full duration of the match, but most of the time, the matches were of bad quality, with perhaps a maximum of 20 minutes of good football. There is a running joke here about which half is the good one. Is that all down to the players not being good enough? Maybe, I don't know, but the level of inconsistency in performance, ranging from great to absolutely horrendous in the same half, I have not seen to such extremes as I have from PSV under this coach.

Leuk Ruud maar wel graag die baard eraf. Lijkt net van Bommel zo. Neem hem zo ook minder serieus en heeft een onverzorgde uitstraling zo. Niet representatief voor de club. Met al die miljoenen euro's kan je toch wel een scheerapparaat kopen? Geen gezicht. Van Basten was voor mij de beste keus geweest.

Leuk Ruud maar wel graag die baard eraf. Lijkt net van Bommel zo. Neem hem zo ook minder serieus en heeft een onverzorgde uitstraling zo. Niet representatief voor de club. Met al die miljoenen euro's kan je toch wel een scheerapparaat kopen? Geen gezicht. Van Basten was voor mij de beste keus geweest.
Hoe kan een clubicoon van ajax die zelf meent totaal niet geschikt te zijn voor het trainerschap voor jou alsnog de beste keuze zijn…?🤔

Waarom is rutten T2 heeft die man zichzelf niet genoeg belachellijk gemaakt bij onze club?
Geen fan van rutten als T2 er was genoeg keuze voor iemand anders waarom hem.

Achja goeje nieuws Schmidt is weg

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan