Hello, i'm from Israel, just browsed here randomly to see what you guys think about the possible Zahavi transfer so thought I might as well say a few things about what I read.

1. Saturday is indeed a holy day for us and people are not supposed to work, but actually this only applies to religious people. Football in Israel's top league is actually played on Saturdays so all Israeli professional footballers don't really care about playing on Saturdays, Zahavi included.

2. Zahavi is indeed 33 but weirdly just hit his prime last year and he seems to be close to his best at the moment.

3. His unsuccessful spell at Palermo happened when he was really far from his prime, wasn't even a striker back than, and was injured, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

4. Stamina is not an issue at all, he rarely gets substituted.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me :)

Thanks Asaf! And welcome to the forum.

Hello, i'm from Israel, just browsed here randomly to see what you guys think about the possible Zahavi transfer so thought I might as well say a few things about what I read.

1. Saturday is indeed a holy day for us and people are not supposed to work, but actually this only applies to religious people. Football in Israel's top league is actually played on Saturdays so all Israeli professional footballers don't really care about playing on Saturdays, Zahavi included.

2. Zahavi is indeed 33 but weirdly just hit his prime last year and he seems to be close to his best at the moment.

3. His unsuccessful spell at Palermo happened when he was really far from his prime, wasn't even a striker back than, and was injured, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

What about his attitude, I have read some articles that were mentioning his (lack of) discipline. There were some parties at his house and he was arrested by the police? Also read some quotes that he compares himself to Ronaldo haha

What about his attitude, I have read some articles that were mentioning his (lack of) discipline. There were some parties at his house and he was arrested by the police? Also read some quotes that he compares himself to Ronaldo haha

hehe, he can get pretty emotional, most noticeably a few years ago when he was the captain of the national team and after continuous booing from the crowd he threw away the captain armband mid game. This is an example for a case when his "fiery" nature hurt him. Much like Ronaldo tough, this fiery nature usually makes him try the hardest, never give up and push the team to excel, especially now that he is more experienced. I would be really surprised to hear he will have disciplinary issues at PSV.

Parties - this is a very recent incident (last week I think), when he had a party at his house with loud music which by law is not allowed between 2pm and 4pm in Israel, the neighbors complained and police came and the media made a big fuss because it's Zahavi, other than this one I don't know of any parties etc. he is not known to be a player who goes to parties etc. he is professional.

Comparison to Ronaldo - never heard of it personally, I don't recall hearing him brag about his abilities at all.

Welcome! (Y)

hehe, he can get pretty emotional, most noticeably a few years ago when he was the captain of the national team and after continuous booing from the crowd he threw away the captain armband mid game. This is an example for a case when his "fiery" nature hurt him. Much like Ronaldo tough, this fiery nature usually makes him try the hardest, never give up and push the team to excel, especially now that he is more experienced. I would be really surprised to hear he will have disciplinary issues at PSV.

Parties - this is a very recent incident (last week I think), when he had a party at his house with loud music which by law is not allowed between 2pm and 4pm in Israel, the neighbors complained and police came and the media made a big fuss because it's Zahavi, other than this one I don't know of any parties etc. he is not known to be a player who goes to parties etc. he is professional.

Comparison to Ronaldo - never heard of it personally, I don't recall hearing him brag about his abilities at all.

Why is between 2PM and 4PM a problem? I could imagine 2AM being an issue...

Why is between 2PM and 4PM a problem? I could imagine 2AM being an issue...

It's just a law that has been around for a long time, doesn't make too much sense to me either, also most people don't really pay attention to it. Zahavi however is living in the most lucrative city in Israel so people there are a bit more snobby.

It's just a law that has been around for a long time, doesn't make too much sense to me either, also most people don't really pay attention to it. Zahavi however is living in the most lucrative city in Israel so people there are a bit more snobby.

Tel Aviv?

What can we expect from him as a player? Is he a pure finisher or is he more of a complete forward?

I'd say he is pretty similar to Lewandowski, obviously not in that level just a similar type of player in a sense that he is extremely clinical with either foot and with his head, he can also bang some goals from distance, just a really natural scorer. He can also drop down and play as a second striker and get some assists.

Ik zie nu pas dat Giovanni van Brockhorst zijn trainer is daar. Zou toch benaderbaar moeten zijn om zijn oordeel te horen (en hoewel Feijenoorder, lijkt Gio me wel een schappelijke kerel die ook PSV van een eerlijke mening kan voorzien.

asaf: Do you know why he is currently not in China? I saw he missed two games the last few weeks, due to international matches for Isreal, but he is now showing as "on additional holliday"? Do you think they gave their well payed captain some time to talk with other clubs, or does that rather relate to Isreali new-year (Rosj Hasjana) comming up?

asaf: Do you know why he is currently not in China? I saw he missed two games the last few weeks, due to international matches for Isreal, but he is now showing as "on additional holliday"? Do you think they gave their well payed captain some time to talk with other clubs, or does that rather relate to Isreali new-year (Rosj Hasjana) comming up?

I don't know for sure but I can speculate that the club has already gave up on the chance that Zahavi stays there and just let him go around and find a new club. They have another Israeli player named Dia Saba that they refused to release for the UEFA Nations League matches but they agreed to release Zahavi who is there star player so I guess they have realized he will most likely won't play there anymore.

Mij lijkt deze speler best interessant hoor. Ik bedoel, als dat bejaarde konijn er in 3 seizoenen nog 38 in kan trappen. Waarom zou een speler die jonger is en bijna 1 op 1 loopt het dan ineens niet kunnen?

Wil je op alle fronten mee blijven doen, dan kun je niet leunen op de jonkies. Je ziet wel hoe dat vorig jaar compleet fout ging toen er een aantal geblesseerd raakte. Kun je dadelijk weer aantreden met Bruma.

Mij lijkt deze speler best interessant hoor. Ik bedoel, als dat bejaarde konijn er in 3 seizoenen nog 38 in kan trappen. Waarom zou een speler die jonger is en bijna 1 op 1 loopt het dan ineens niet kunnen?

Wil je op alle fronten mee blijven doen, dan kun je niet leunen op de jonkies. Je ziet wel hoe dat vorig jaar compleet fout ging toen er een aantal geblesseerd raakte. Kun je dadelijk weer aantreden met Bruma.
En zo duur is hij ook weer niet.

What are his strength's and weaknesses? Is he a good header?

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan