Overige Oud-Spelers

My apologies for turning out in the wrong thread, and for appearing a right ass...
I was trying to reply to a thread in the 'PSV history' forum, though I was unable to write anywhere.
It may be reserved for proper followers of your lovely club.

My question was going to be: As someone from Larvik, the home town of Hallvar Thoresen, what is
the (adult!) PSV fans' memories of him?

Again, sorry for putting this out in the wrong forum. Moderator(s): Please feel free either to move my
question to the right forum or to delete this if it is deemed very inappropriate.

Metalium is the one who i will put money on to have seen Hallvar play, but he hasn't been on the forum recently. Perhaps the tag and topic can awake him to share some of his memories of the olden days.:)

Metalium is the one who i will put money on to have seen Hallvar play, but he hasn't been on the forum recently. Perhaps the tag and topic can awake him to share some of his memories of the olden days.:)
Fingers crossed that the notification will find him well, and that he'll forward some fine tales of Hallvar Thoresen's feats during his time in Eindhoven.

Speaking of (and this is quite beyond the context) - I've been once in Eindhoven myself, which was when my boys' team was on a 'training camp' in Antwerp, Belgium, in 1986 (I think it was). I am not entirely sure, but since we were a team from Hallvar's home town of Larvik, I do believe that he somehow played a minor role in arranging for us to play against a PSV team the same age as ourselves (we were around 13 at the time), so we travelled for a daytrip from Antwerp to play a PSV select, and got hammered by 7-1. We used to be considered a decent team back home at that time, but as the result says, we stood little chance against a team of real talent. It would've been interesting to know whether any future first team players of PSV ever featured in that team, although that is probably too big a question to pose in a forum.

Fingers crossed that the notification will find him well, and that he'll forward some fine tales of Hallvar Thoresen's feats during his time in Eindhoven.

Speaking of (and this is quite beyond the context) - I've been once in Eindhoven myself, which was when my boys' team was on a 'training camp' in Antwerp, Belgium, in 1986 (I think it was). I am not entirely sure, but since we were a team from Hallvar's home town of Larvik, I do believe that he somehow played a minor role in arranging for us to play against a PSV team the same age as ourselves (we were around 13 at the time), so we travelled for a daytrip from Antwerp to play a PSV select, and got hammered by 7-1. We used to be considered a decent team back home at that time, but as the result says, we stood little chance against a team of real talent. It would've been interesting to know whether any future first team players of PSV ever featured in that team, although that is probably too big a question to pose in a forum.
Mhwah, can be a small list. Born around 1973, own youth. I couldn't find much (unless perhaps Gregory playfair who debuted at psv as his first club and is from jan 1974, but can't find at which age he was scouted from an the youth of an amateur club from Rotterdam (No, not Feijenoord btw ;) for the jokesters).

Mhwah, can be a small list. Born around 1973, own youth. I couldn't find much (unless perhaps Gregory playfair who debuted at psv as his first club and is from jan 1974, but can't find at which age he was scouted from an the youth of an amateur club from Rotterdam (No, not Feijenoord btw ;) for the jokesters).
Maybe the brothers Alfred and Dick Schreuder. Alfred now is assistent of Koeman in Barcelona.
Thoressen i know only from the youtube. Was not for you Relix but for Joachim

If you played against PSV on a 'training camp' gives me the question, did you by yourself play proffesional soccer?

I don't know anything about the players from those days, only that Thoresen was 3 times the player with the most PSV goals in one season (just Dutch competition) and two times he shared that title with Jurri Koolhof.
'82/'83 -> 22 goals (also Koolhof made 22)
'83/'84 -> 23 goals (also Koolhof made 23)
'84/'85 -> 21

Screenshot_20210731-094317_Chrome.jpg

Maybe some of this players who borned in the young seventies. So you can find in google PSV teams begin ninetees. It was not the best youth in 1986.

Thank you all - it is not a bad reception to a new forum. Much appreciated.

As for my own football career - I was shit. So I realized my limitations and quit playing at the age of 19. I am a much better spectator than player :D
Is any of you guys former (or even current) players at professional or semi-professional level?

Also - thanks for the suggestions regarding which possibly known players could have turned out in that friendly match against my team. I know it will be impossible to ever know for sure, but at least it is nice toying with the thought of whom they might have been.

If you played against PSV on a 'training camp' gives me the question, did you by yourself play proffesional soccer?

I don't know anything about the players from those days, only that Thoresen was 3 times the player with the most PSV goals in one season (just Dutch competition) and two times he shared that title with Jurri Koolhof.
'82/'83 -> 22 goals (also Koolhof made 22)
'83/'84 -> 23 goals (also Koolhof made 23)
'84/'85 -> 21
That is a fine return from Hallvar T. At that time, Norway were even worse at football than we are now, and Thoresen was one of only a handful of European exports which we had. I think he was probably the most successful of them, although a couple of defenders did alright in England (Åge Hareide at Man City/Norwich, Einar Aas at Nottingham).

Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld verruilt Bournemouth voor Europa League-winnaar Villarreal.De Spaanse club heeft naar verluidt 23,5 miljoen euro over voor de 24-jarige aanvaller,die bij PSV zijn opleiding heeft genoten.

Groeneveld,die twee keer voor Oranje speelde,maakte medio 2018 de overstap van NEC naar Club Brugge.Een jaar later tekende hij voor Bournemouth en hoewel hij vorig seizoen in het Championship
uitkwam,wist hij met zeventien treffers toch de aandacht op zich te vestigen.

Levert PSV toch nog 700000 euro op

Laatst bewerkt:
Scamacca opgeroepen voor Italië. Leek bij psv in de jeugd voorbestemd voor een mooie carrière en totaal geflopt en nu zo'n uitverkiezing. Daarom slim van grote clubs als real om vaak een terugkoopclausule op te nemen. Zou psv ook moeten doen

Scamacca opgeroepen voor Italië. Leek bij psv in de jeugd voorbestemd voor een mooie carrière en totaal geflopt en nu zo'n uitverkiezing. Daarom slim van grote clubs als real om vaak een terugkoopclausule op te nemen. Zou psv ook moeten doen
Volgens mij is Scamacca verkocht op t moment dat ie nog een half jaar contract had. En vooralsnog vind ik zijn goal-moyenne nog niet geweldig. T gegeven dat de club die m van PSV kocht hem al 4x verhuurde is ook wel veelzeggend.

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan